After filing your online application to obtain the license and its inspection by the Director for Granting Electricity Licenses (hereinafter: "the Director"), you will receive a notice to the e-mail address you noted in the application form whereby you will be summoned to appear before the Professional Advisory Committee.
Below are our recommendations in preparation for the professional talk:
- Bring the Electricity Law and Regulations as well as plans you have drafted.
- Prepare a brief description of your work in electricity.
- For an inspector applicant – you should bring reports of inspections you participated in under the supervision of an appropriate inspector license holder.
In addition, you should prepare yourself on the following subjects:
- Knowledge of the Electricity Law and Regulations. A thorough understanding of the "Earths and Protective Measures Against Electricity at Voltage of up to 1000 Volts" Regulations – mandatory.
- The understanding of a schematic diagram of low voltage and high voltage electricity systems (high voltage – for applicants for an engineer-electrician or Inspector 3 license). You should be acquainted with the function of every element and item in the sketch.
For an applicant for an inspector license – in addition to all the aforesaid, you should know and thoroughly understand:
- Methods and process for an electrical facility inspection.
- Types of measuring instruments and their function (the measuring required and the appropriate instrument).
- Solution of common problems during inspections of a facility according to the level of license applied for.